Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More
Found in Orange County, California, Cassette & Co. introduces their fun and “seriously unserious” line of lifestyle apparel. Cassette & Co. is part of Cassette Creative, a company that helps create, and manage brand assets and marketing for businesses in the bike industry.
Dreaming about starting Cassette & Co. for some time, Founder Tim VanGlider pulled the trigger in 2015 after spending 11 years as the Creative Director for Crank Bros.
The Cassette & Co. line of lifestyle apparel is meant to give options for riders of all types. And unlike a lot of other ‘bike themed” lifestyle clothing, the Cassette & Co. line takes on a “bit more of a mature direction, with a little more of a focus on style and design…yet still fun”.
Pulling inspiration from typography, printmaking, and “the trades” where Tim says, “type and messages are at their simplest forms.” Adding, “Messages are simple, designs aren’t overworked”.
Right now, on the website, you will find a nice selection of tees and hoodies, for both men and women. Tim mentioned that there are hats, caps, and other merchandise on the way very soon.
Every month Cassette & Co. does a limited edition tee for both men and women. The currently offered limited tee is the “Friendly Reminder” tee that pays tribute to the Local Bike Shop.
When asked about the brand, Tim shared some of the core values that he says are guideposts to help them stay the course, keeping them grounded in their beliefs and boundaries.
Cassette & Co. Values
- Seriously not Serious: “We approach all products seriously, but never forget that we’re in the fun industry. Our customers should feel proud of their purchase as if they’re part of a subculture of cycling: the elite anti-athlete, also known as The Bicyclist“.
- Design first, and second: “Design is at the forefront of everything we do. From tee shirts to branded merch, to live events and group ride invitations to photography, everything should be touched by design and executed with high standards“.
- Be Real: “The work and products created will be something useful. Brand graphics will never be fictitious events or places. Creating fake messages and imagery contradicts the very reason we exist – to bring maturity to an audience that typically gets childish options“.
- Always be Biking: “Bikes change lives and the culture of cycling is for life. We’re a brand that rides, races, and trains. That means different things to all riders, and all riders are welcomed“.
Cassette & Co. Apparel Features, Sizes, and Retail
$29.99 (most t-shirts)
- 100% ring-spun cotton
- Semi-slim fit; not too tight and not too boxy
- Tear-away label (women’s only)
- 7/8″ double-needle topstitched collar
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping (women’s only)
- Twill-taped neck and shoulders for extra durability
- Seamed collarette (women’s only)
- Double-needle armhole, sleeve, and bottom hems
65% ringspun cotton, 35% polyester
Unisex slimmer fit; order a size up if you prefer more of a relaxed fit
Front pouch pocket
Self-fabric patch on the back
Matching flat drawstrings
Men’s: S, M, L, XL, XXL (both tees and hoodies)
Women’s: S, M, L, XL,
*Note on sizing: Although the sizing is “semi-slim” I am told that they run pretty true to size, but if you need the item to fit more relaxed, you should size up.*
Check out all of the goods at the link below.