Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More
Want to stand out this season? If you’re ready for something different than the typical black or white cycling shoe, Shimano has some eye-catching new options.
After Shimano Europe acquired Lazer Helmets in 2016, it’s not surprising to see the two brands collaboratings – which is exactly what we have with the new Tropical Leaves Collection. Just in time for dreaming of warmer days ahead, both the Shimano RX8 Gravel Race Shoes and the Lazer Strada KinetiCore helmet get the leafy green treatment.
Shimano RX8 Gravel Race Shoes Tropical Leaves Edition
Other than the finish, these are the same awesome gravel shoes that were recently updated. This time the synthetic leather upper gets an inkjet-printed Tropical Leaves pattern, which is cinched down with a BOA Li2 dial. Even though these are special editions, the price is still the same $275 per pair.
- BOA Li2 dial
- Breathable synthetic leather upper
- Stiff carbon composite sole
- Scratch resistant TPU outsole
- Refined toe box fit
- Vivid inkjet-printed Topical Leaves graphics
- MSRP: $275
- Weight: 268 grams (size 42)
- Purchase through dealers or purchase online at Ride.Shimano.com
Lazer Strada KinetiCore Tropical Leaves Edition
To complete the kit, Lazer is offering up their Strada KinetiCore road/gravel helmet. Built with Lazer’s new KinetiCore rotational impact system, instead of adding another layer to the helmet, this system is integrated into the EPS foam. Additionally you’ll find the ScrollSys belt retention system, silicone eyewear dock, and an actual weight of 290g (medium).
The best part may be the helmet’s approchable price tag of $109.99.
- Virginia Tech 5-Star Helmet Rating
- 1.3% more aerodynamic than Blade+MIPS
- 6% lighter than Blade+ MIPS
- 1% better cooling than Blade+ MIPS
- MSRP: $109.99
- Weight: 290 grams
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Purchase through dealers or purchase online at LazerSport.us
Champagne Edition S-PHYRE Race Shoes
You can pop the champagne without even entering a race with the latest edition of the Shimano S-PHYRE, the RC903S. Shimano’s top of the line road shoes have gotten even better with the most recent update. Like the RC903, the new RC903S has a new and improved heel cup for better fit and appearance.
To celebrate the upcoming spring classics, the RC903S gets a special champagne finish in addition to new BOA Li2 metal dials. The result is a shoe that weighs in at a claimed 225g for a size 42, and one that sells for a high end bubbly-worth price of $450.
- Weight: 225g (size 42)
- Color: Champagne
- Standard Sizes: 36, 37 – 47 in half sizes, 48
- Wides Sizes: 36, 37 – 47 in half sizes, 48
- MSRP: $450, €379.95, £349.99, $649.95 AUD